[3830] ARRL 10 K8BL SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@AMERITECH.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8BL SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:49:25 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10.2

   CW:  223    48
  SSB:   50    15
-------------------
Total:  273    63  Total Score = 62,496

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Strange propagation. Stations would be there quite strong and totally drop
out before you could complete a Q. Loads of stations would be coming in from
FL and they'd fade out and all you'd hear would be South Americans. Then, the
Band would change and all I could work was Texans. Seemed like if I had the
beam due South I could work anybody at various times. When it got dark, I
turned the beam West and worked stations and it didn't matter where they were.
I wish a had a vertical and wouldn't have to worry about where propagation
was at any particular moment. Often, I'd call South Americans and they
wouldn't
hear me at all even though they'd be working 1's, 2's & 3's. At least things
on 10 this year were MUCH better than last year.