[3830] CQ160 CW KA1ARB Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KA1ARB Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:26:49 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KA1ARB
Operator(s): KA1ARB
Station: KA1ARB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75

Total:  QSOs = 188  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 25  Total Score = 46,956

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I meant to get one for an hour, but I had so much fun that I stayed up late!  I
don't know what it is about 160, but it always feels like a thrill to be on
(that should make Jack W0UCE proud).  I puttered around for a while and managed
to work some EU, so I stayed on longer.  Then I started to watch the states fill
in on the mult window, so I decided to try for WAS.  I couldn't hear any of the
AK or HI spots, but I ended up with 46 of the contiguous states - cool!

Since my only working antennas right now are on 80 and 160, I wsa glad to be
able to get on.  I also used this contest as an excuse to set up my new (to me)
shack computer.  It wsa a freebie hand-me-down, but now I'll be able to leave it
connected rather than running my mac laptop in Windows mode.  I didn't get the
computer keying working, though, so I got to further practice my wonderfully
staccato fist.

Thanks for your patience and your Q's.

73,
   Rob KA1ARB