[3830] CQ160 CW K6LL Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6LL Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:07:00 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 650  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 31  Total Score = 152,768

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I had intended to operate for just a few hours, but conditions seemed quite
good, and I was having fun, so I put in a little more time.

I was connected to the two Utah Skimmers, but neither one covered above 1835.
I had to do S&P manually above 1835 - the horror!

My local QRN didn't seem as bad as usual, and I seemed to be getting out pretty
well, compared to my previous feeble attempts on 160.

Before the contest, I put up an Inverted-L, with one resonant raised radial,
but it didn't work as well as my old setup, a half-sloper, so I went with the
sloper.

For some reason N1MM had the identical time stamp on the first 15 QSO's, and
counted them all as multipliers. Maybe it was rfi from the new antenna - who
knows?  I counted the mults from the statistics file, so the numbers above
should be ok. Maybe the checkers will cut me some slack on scoring the first 15
QSO's. I will plead for mercy.

The 16 hour op time is inflated.  I was in and out of the shack a lot, doing
other things. I didn't set the clock for the morning opening to the Pacific,
but did get up in time to work a few JAs and a UA9.

I was really amazed at the Eu opening on Saturday night. It was quite easy to
work the loudest stations, S&P of course.

I worked all 50 states, but missed all the Maritime provinces, except for VO1
and PEI, and I also missed all the VE8-types.

QSO breakdown:

Country QSOs
C6      3
CE      1