[3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:28:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW W5RY W5XU
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   59    46
   80:  256    82
   40:  574   106
   20:  713   101
   15:  677   109
   10:  112    48
-------------------
Total: 2391   492  Total Score = 3,527,640

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

We planned to have sufficient staffing to do a Multi-2 effort.  Once into the
contest, we were not able to adequately man both positions.  So we were
somewheres between Multi-single and Multi-2, plus only operated for 41 hours
due to other late-Sunday afternoon committments.

Our score is better than last year, only because of the increased number of
multipliers.  But our QSO count didn't increase very much over last year, even
with the second transmitter.  Band conditions seemed better, so guess it can be
chaulked up to poorer performance on our part.

It was good to see 10M come to life Saturday.  It was open to EU early in the
day and by late afternoon, into OC.  Was hoping for a similar or better
performance on Sunday, but didn't happen.  Pretty much the same old TEP and
Caribbean paths, openning to our area about midday Sunday.  160M and 80M were
good Friday night, not so much on Saturday night.  QRN was worse on Saturday
evening.  Conditions on 40M/20M/15M were about typical for us.

Not sure how much of an effort we will put forth on the Phone weekend.  If we
couldn't get staffing for CW, its highly unlikely we will get adequate
volunteers for phone.  Defintely a multi-single effort at best or even a
single-band, single-op effort coming up - maybe 15M or even 10M (if 10M looks
promising).

Congrats to all the winners...

73,
Ted KN5O