[3830] ARRLDX CW IC8TEM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cococosti@alice.it
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW IC8TEM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:37:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: IC8TEM
Operator(s): IC8TEM
Station: IC8TEM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Capri Isl - JN70CN
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  500    48
   20:   77    46
   15:  139    41
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  716   135  Total Score = 289,980

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Hello,
I was just reading scores on this website and I felt strange: I am newbie (2007
licensed) and never joined in a CW ctest. "It's a kind of magic" in a CW ctest:
stations who are just a little ant become bulls. It happened also to me,
because I had two fantastic runs: the first 3h30m from 00.00 to 03.30z of
Saturday, and the second was the last hour, when the goal was to prevent
someone to steal my calling qrg.
I heard S9 signals from station who declare low power and not big yagi
antennas, expecially on 40m: this is the reason to say that 40m band is
stunning.
I was active only in spare times, due to family duties (I go home after many
days spent for university in Napoli, 30km north of my QTH, once for stay with
my family, twice for contesting), but I was on in the nights and last hours of
afternoon. The first afternoon was good for 15m, but the second one not as the
first. My global goal was to improve WAS on 15m, 40 and 80m, but I didn't reach
a right behavior of my vertical antenna, so I could use the 40m band to learn
how to maintain a high rate of QSOs at the same time use the second VFO to
search for multipliers.
In 20m I had mainly a S&P run, because my goal was to complete K7 call-area and
put in a high number of multipliers.
I don't think to a particular place in the results: it's only a way for be QRV
on bands, search WAS entities and keep fit with the CW.
Many thanks to people who I had qso.
If someone wanna QSL, please read on QRZ.com

Best 73 es gl de Costy IC8TEM