[3830] NAQP RTTY AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mtindor@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:27:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.86

   80:  152    39
   40:  168    44
   20:   54    18
   15:   50    11
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  427   113  Total Score = 49,532

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Great contest.   Just the right amount of time for me.

After having the ends of my inverted V literally touching the ground ever since
it has been up in the air, I decided last night to elevate the ends off the
ground as much as I could (6 feet).   EZNEC [which I just started looking at]
suggested that I was losing quite a few dbi because the ends were on the
ground.

Could be my imagination, or it could just be a testament to keeping the ends of
dipoles off the ground, but I had no trouble working anyone I heard all day.
Did a few long runs with a best hourly rate of 60/hr, which is awesome for me.

Had a great time.   Love working RTTY.   The ops are great.   Works W6YX and
W0YK on four bands.  Looked for W6YX at top of hour on 10m but nothing heard.
Instead I found W0YK.

Thanks to all the great ops out there that make RTTY so much fun, and to the
organizers of the NAQP contests for putting on one of the fairest contests!