[3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)SB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)SB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 11:37:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN3L
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.75

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  858
   10:
------------
Total:  858  Prefixes = 559  Total Score = 1,003,405

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I had planned for a serious 15M single band entry, but conditions and a family
get-together early Sunday evening caused the effort to be curtailed somewhat.
15M was rather amazing, considering the high absorption and low solar flux at
the start of the contest.  Europeans were heard on the band in the hours
immediately preceding the start of the contest, but not until ~15Z on Saturday
of the first day.  They remained available on Saturday until 23Z, when the last
one was logged.  On Sunday, I didn't get on until 13Z and the Europeans were
already on the band.  They remained available until my last QSO ~22:30Z.  While
the Europeans were there, it was very difficult to establish a run.  I don't
think I had more than a dozen or so answers from Europeans in a run the entire
time.  My best hour was just over 100 QSOs, but that was mostly USA stations at
the start.  It was necessary to have many repeats to get the calls and numbers
exchanged.  I managed the 1 million points and called it quits at that point.
The family gathering at my son's home was great!  I had plenty of sleep and
enjoyed the evening watching a Star Wars flick on a 20' x 20' screen in his
front yard.

See you all in the WAE-CW when N3RD will be activated from N3RS once again.
Thanks to all the callers who made the weekend a pleasurable event, despite the
poor conditions.