[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:49:37 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 12

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   4      4
   40:  17     13
   20:  20     14
   15:   6      2
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  48     34  Total Score = 1,632

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry for Lid-itis several times tonight. Had several rough spots. Also, had
several stations answer me, I thought, but then go back to someone else on the
frequency. Activity was very high tonight. QRM was fierce.

15 seemed dead at a few minutes before the start, with a backscatter K5OT the
only signal heard. But then the Locust appeared 10 db over S-9. He was much
stronger than any other six station. N3ZZ was the only one comparable. Even
Radio Oakvale/RO was way down, as was ZFO. WA6URY had a good signal as well.
Worked Dan/URY on two bands. Heard a weak W6SX on 15 and called Hank, but he
didn't come back. 15 meters clearly was open to a very narrow area from here.
Hard to justify the time spent if only one or two mults and one contact per
minute at the start.

Tnx to N6RO and K5OT for the only 3 baggers. Heard RO on 160 at the very end
working N7XU but no chance.

Tnx to KZ5D and K9BGL for answering my CQs on 80 meters. It is a pleasant
surprise ever to have anyone answer my CQs on that band.

N9NB was among the strongest signals on both 20 and 40. Ted is going to have a
great setup when he completes it.

Lousy 5 minute segments at the start as I tried too hard for 15 meter contacts,
and suffered Lid-itis at times as well: 7, 5, 10, 11, 9, and 6.

Bands were quite noisy here. As mentioned earlier, very good activity. The
bands just erupted when the NS started. Nice. Tnx for the contacts and the NCCC
and 3830 support.

Jim N3BB