[3830] NAQP SSB WD0T(@KD0S) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WD0T(@KD0S) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:15:09 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    9     9
   80:   57    28
   40:  149    46
   20:  587    47
   15:   11     8
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  815   139  Total Score = 113,285

Club:

Team: Ad Hoc Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for the Q's and fun contest.. sure is different doing SSB than the
Thursday nite NS QRQ CW!! Great to work many of the Thursday nite NS gang,
thanks Rick- Locust K6VVA for late Q on 80m,  and thanks to Mike, W9RE for
organizing the team! I worked each team member multiple times which was great.

Started off slowly on 15 and 20m, but then 20m became very good and remained
that way much of the afternoon.. Checked 15 and 10m often, but not good on
either band, some signals on 15m but mostly DX.. had a hard time passing
stations to 15m, and didn't even try 10m.

Definately a 20m contest from here, with occasional bursts on 40m, got the two
10m Q's from guys rag chewing late in the evening around 28.400.. Tried CQ'ing
late on 10m and 15m, I think I could have worked a few more if stations were up
there, especially to Texas on 10 and 15m.

Boy, thank goodness for beverages for 80 and 160, QRN 10-20 over on 80m and
even higher on 160m, but manageable with the beverages..

Best DX was VE8NSD on 20m, and also VE1OMI and VE1SKI, thanks guys for being
on!!  Also VE4EAR on 40-160m, thanks for moving, thats usually a really tough
mult from here.

In general did poorly with mults, Q's were OK, but I wasn't trying as hard to
move mults as it didn't seem to work out moving them to higher bands, just not
there this time.

Ok, thanks all for the Q's and fun, its great to work stations with their
names, and I think the casual guys really enjoy it also.

Really could have used a second rig, but the main rig is down here at KD0S, so
using the backup "chirpy" TS940s, and no second rig available!

Rig: TS940s, 100W, Tribander at 95ft rotatable, tribander at 60ft fixed west, 2
X 40m 2 element yagis, one west one SE, 80m full size elevated vertical, and
160m C vertical dipole.. beverages E, W, and S.

73 God Bless!! Todd WD0T