[3830] CQ WW RTTY KO7AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KO7AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 15:42:05 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ARIZONA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:    0              0       0     0
   40:  115             32      29    12
   20:  149             41      15     7
   15:  496             46      49    24
   10:  241             30      45    23
Total: 1001  1997      149     138    66  Total Score = 704,941

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I hadn't planned to operate, but on Monday my wife told me she had to work a
long shift on Saturday. It has been a few years since my last RTTY contest,
and I couldn't even remember how to run RTTY with my various radios. I do
have an OMNI VII now though, so I had TenTec FedEx out a USB-to-ACC port
cable.
Amazingly unbelievebly simple hookup!

The monsoons (thunderstorms every evening) keep me off the air all summer, but
they ended last week. I usually disconnect and unplug EVERYTHING at the tower
and in the shack, so it was nice to see everything holding up to high power
RTTY contesting after sitting idle for 4 monthes....

I wish I had SO2R running, but I'm not very technical, and it would have taken
me a long time to figure it out. There were some slower times CQing on 10/15,
it would have been nice to have worked more than 15 DX countries on 20M :)

Distance based scoring would sure be nice. Especially in a totally computer
dependent mode like RTTY. How tough could it be to have N1MM set up to
calculate
this?

Thanks for the Q's !!

73 Bill KO7AA in Tucson