[3830] TxQP W5ESE SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5ese@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP W5ESE SO CW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:43:18 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5ESE
Operator(s): W5ESE
Station: W5ESE

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: SSAB
Operating Time (hrs): 7h33m

  160:
   80:   26
   40:   83
   20:   13
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  122     0       0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 31,146

Club: Hays-Caldwell Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

I had fun participating in the Texas QSO Party from the Windmill Backpack
campsite in Colorado Bend State Park, in San Saba County. This is the same
location I operated from last year.

I used my KD1JV ATS-3 QRP rig, and a CF Zepp.

It was hot this year; and I had some trouble with heat exhaustion. I pulled the
plug at about 12:30 Sunday. Maybe Scott is getting too old for this? Hope not!

I posted a few pictures of my outing at:

http://sites.google.com/site/arsw5ese/home/wilderness-qrp/texas-qso-party-2011

Many thanks to everyone for the contacts; I had a ball, and hope that I was
able to provide some of you with a new county.

SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: 122 CW contacts x 3 pts/contact = 366 QSO pts
SOAPBOX: 366 QSO pts x (18 + 63) mults = 29646
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Bonus points - Mobiles contacted in 5 or more counties
SOAPBOX: N4CD
SOAPBOX: N5TM
SOAPBOX: NO5W
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: 3 mobiles x 500 pts = 1500 pts
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Total: 29646 + 1500 = 31146 pts
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Location was the Windmill Backpack campsite in Colorado Bend State
SOAPBOX: Park near Bend, TX, in San Saba county EM01rb
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Rigs used
SOAPBOX: 80m, 40m, 20m KD1JV AT Sprint 3 @ 2-3 watts
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Antenna
SOAPBOX: 40-15m 67' doublet fed with 300 ohm TV twinlead
SOAPBOX: 80m 134' doublet fed with 300 ohm TV twinlead
SOAPBOX: Emtech ZM-2 matching network
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Had some trouble getting a good match with the tuner on 40m.
SOAPBOX: Probably had one of those feedline lengths you're not supposed
SOAPBOX: to use? Many thanks to everyone for the contacts, and to NARS
SOAPBOX: for sponsoring it.