[3830] TxQP NA5DV Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radioN5TGL@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP NA5DV Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:47:44 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NA5DV
Operator(s): N5TGL, KA5OXA, KT5US, KF5ENT, KD5OCR, AA7EJ, K5UI, NC5IR
Station: NA5DV

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: La Porte, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:         202
   20:         718
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     920      0  Mults = 130  Total Score = 239,200

Club: Battleship Texas Amateur Radio Station

Comments:

This was the first year (as far as we know) that the Battleship Texas has
participated in the Texas QSO party.  It was also historic for us, as after
some repairs and TLC, this was the first time that one of the ship's original
vertical antennas was used to transmit in about 60 years.  Thankfully for us,
the vertical is right at a 1/4 wave vertical on 40m, and that's tied into a
25,000 ton RF ground floating in brackish water.  Hard to think of a better
install!  It's a real kick to work with a blowtorch like that.  That antenna
was supplimented with a 80m OCF dipole strung about 40' above the deck, which
is around 40' above the water.  We also utilized a "cobweb" antenna on 20m,
which was composed of two double extended zeps phased for broadside fire.
Worked really well up into the northeast.  We all had a really good time
talking to everyone out there, and the antenna setup really helped pull them
in.  Video and pics of our operation are up on our website at www.na5dv.org.