[3830] CQWW SSB C5A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sanda@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB C5A M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 04:27:15 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: C5A
Operator(s): OK1DIX, OK1DO, OK1FFU, OK1NY, OK1RI, OK1RK, OK8WW/OM2TW, OM5AW,
OM6NM,
Station: C5A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Banjul
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

  160:   207    17       53
   80:  1132    29       98
   40:  1848    32      110
   20:  4287    40      154
   15:  3853    39      147
   10:  6455    40      160
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Our second M/M effort from the beach in Gambia. We have had a lot of problems in
the beginning, part of our luggage with all the aluminum and glass-fiber was
lost somewhere on the way, our PPA's were held by the customs, there was only
190V in the net..... but finally everything was sorted out and we were able to
come with a decent station on the air, well the station was finished just
Friday morning, but still.
Since the propagation was NICE we hoped to cross the 50 mil mark, how ever the
Gods of contesting did not approve...... we had a couple of problems:
twice black out - no electricity Saturday night and Saturday around noon - loss
well over an hour of operation,
significant thunderstorm with lighting and big winds and waves came Sunday late
afternoon and evening and pull down our 20m antenna - we were still able to put
it up again. It was audible even on 10m, so we gave up completely 160m Sunday
and 80+40m was really bad - big loss since we were deaf for a couple of hours.

The propagation on 10m was fabulous. We were able to keep over 300Q/hour for 6
hours in a line. Considering all we are most happy with the outcome. We all
have had a great time which is most important !

SETUP:
6x IC756PROIII + OM-power PPA + Microham
160m 29m vertical + 7m high RX 4SQ full size
80m 4SQ
40m 4SQ + RX low dipole
20m 4SQ of vertical dipoles
15m 2x4SQ of vertical dipoles
10m 2x 2x5Y@14.5/7m

Thank you all for calling and we DO HOPE to see everyone once more in the CW
part.

73 !

Jiri
OK1RI