[3830] CQWW CW W4DXX SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4DXX@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4DXX SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:42:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4DXX
Operator(s): W4DXX
Station: W4DXX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:   76    24       63
   20:   49    28       46
   15:  126    31       77
   10:  190    31      108
------------------------------
Total:  441   114      294  Total Score = 506,328

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

15 hour effort of 99% S&P.  Wanted to see how quick I could work WAZ.  Did WAZ
in 5 hours.  Then wanted to see how good 10m could be.  Instead of using the
6-el mono on 10, I used a sloping dipole (16 ft piece of wire) that I put up
several months ago to work South & Central America w/o turning yagi.  I wanted
to see how much I could do on 10 with just a dipole at 100 ft.  Managed 108
countries in 31 zones on 10 with dipole and really was a part-time effort.
Doesn't take much on 10 when it's open.  Amazed I got thru some nasty pileups
w/ a dipole.
Conditions were not as good as CQWW RTTY in Sept, and not as good as CQWW SSB
either.  High bands closed early at sunset.  40m was hot at nite.  Didnt spend
much time on 20m.  Enjoyed the activity from all zones.
Thanks to all for the Q's and lotsa fun when it's not so serious.
Eric/W4DXX.