[3830] CQWW CW N5AW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5AW SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:10:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25    14       17
   80:  133    21       63
   40:  417    29      102
   20:  296    38       99
   15:  420    36      112
   10:  624    33      113
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It is great to have ten meters back but the low bands were certainly not as good
as last year. I had more total country multipliers last year (510 vs. 506).
However 300 more contacts this year than last appears to have allowed me to
meet my goal of breaking N5TJ's 5th call area low power record set back in
1998. Will have to wait for the log checking but would my raw score looks high
enough to survive the usual point reduction.

I did have a few problems. A thunderstorm came through around midnight the
first evening forcing me to shut down an hour around European sunrise. High
winds blew something loose on one of my 20 meter yagis making it unusable.
Winds were also so high that at times I could not rotate one of my SteppIRs.

Thanks for a great contest thogh.

Marv N5AW