[3830] CQWW CW N4IJ SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4IJ SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:15:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4IJ
Operator(s): N4IJ
Station: N4IJ

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Oklahoma
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  749    36      139
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Ten Tec Omni 6+  N1MM Logger, 5 elements @ 60ft.

139 countries is my personal best country total.
Conditions good - but seemed lacking from the SSB contest.  Found that I need
to work on my rotor, as it became very sluggish, and would not even turn at
times.
Missed JW for a new country and zone (he seemed to be on just for a minute),
missed 9v (also seemed casual op), A71 (working europe) and 8q7 (just plain
weak in OKLA), and TF (weak).  Worked lots of JA and BY stations.  There were
times when I was envious of the activity on 10m, especially on Saturday.  And
when the 15m band conked out early in the evening, I wanted to go to 20m, but
just quit for the night.  I did make a slow motion tun to Europe on Sunday, but
my signal just does not stand out enough to attract much attention.

The big guns from TX show what an antenna system can do for you. They often
worked JA's that were in the mud for me.   Had fun, but my Butt is still sore.

Wish I could add my score to a contest group, but there aren't any around here
that I know of.

Doug N4IJ, Harrah, OK