[3830] NAQP CW K0VBU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vbu@k0vbu.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0VBU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:50:51 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K0VBU
Operator(s): K0VBU
Station: K0VBU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

  160:   19    13
   80:  192    48
   40:  233    46
   20:  160    46
   15:   96    26
   10:   10     3
-------------------
Total:  710   183  Total Score = 129,930

Club: KC Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Always a great contest! Unfortunately had to take an early break to attend my 6
year old grandson's first basketball game of the season...and somehow he was
the leading scorer with 6 points. I'm glad the baskets are at 8 feet, because
these kindergarteners are QRP! Not much on 10m here, but 40 and 80 were great.
My best rates ever on those bands. I even got a few mults on 160 by loading up
the coax center conductor and one leg of my 40m dipole.

Conditions seemed pretty good (although LOTS of local QRN needs my attention)
and there seemed to be great participation. 80 and 40 were jammed!

Thanks for the Q's, and thanks for distinguishing between K0VXU and me..The
entire difference in the calls is one dit or dah - B vs. X! (We're also in the
same section, KS, and have the same 59 check in SS. We only live about 5 miles
apart and have lunch together almost every week..)

Equipment: I brought the old "Boy Scout Camp '746" out of mothballs to use
while the new '7600 is in for "repairs" (That's a whole 'nother story!)
Antennas are a TH6DXX up 50' and dipoles for 80 and 40.

See you all in the next one!
73,
Bill, K0VBU
k0vbu.com