[3830] NAQP SSB K4AB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4AB Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:34:21 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   55    26
   80:  116    35
   40:  219    49
   20:  455    52
   15:  286    52
   10:  291    38
-------------------
Total: 1422   252  Total Score = 358,344

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #1

Comments:

I operated this contest "backwards" from what I normally do.  Usually, I work
the high bands for mults, and the low bands for QSOs, taking my off-times
early
in the contest.  But this time the rates were gang-busters from the start, and
just wouldn't stop.  Also, I was afraid that the forecasted CME would wipe the
high bands out at any time. And with big storms just passing through, and more
forecasted on the way, I thought the low bands might be stinky.

So I just kept going on the high bands thinking I would take a break when the
rate dropped, or when the CME hit.  Neither never did.

So, on the fly, I altered my plans, and decided to use the high bands for QSOs,
and the low bands for mults.  Kinda like the west coast guys do.

10 was great to the west, and 20 and 15 were awesome to just about every part
of the country.

The highlight of the weekend was working the junior-op at N5KO.  Looks like
Trey is "bringing 'em up right". Good job, OM.

73,
Larry K4AB