[3830] NAQP SSB W6UX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ux@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6UX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:34:54 -0800

Total:  708   128  Total Score = 93,456

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Team: SCCC #3

Equipment: Elecraft K3/100, Hex Beam @ 40'

Strategy was to beam 80 degrees on 15m @ :00, 20m @ :20, and 10m @ :40 past
each hour.

As QSO rates dropped, I would swing the beam from NNE to SSE.  Periodically
checked NNW to SW for AK and HI.

Lost a lot of time (20 mins or so) trying to find a place to park on 20 meters
in the late afternoon.  Could not find a hole very easy.  If 20 meters had not
fizzled out, I know I would have cracked 1,000 QSOs.  Peak QSO rate exceeded
200/hr during mid day (was actually logging 100+/hr during the beginning).
This was the best phone contest results I've achieved, thanks to the new Hex
beam antenna (previous antenna was a multi-band doublet).