[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:11:21 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  314    20  Total Score = 9,400

Club:

Comments:

The 4 Grid Activation Multipliers for Rovers are included in the Total Mults.

This was basically a Grid Corner Dance (I'll admit it) predominantly using FM
with handheld radios (well, MY hand can hold an FT-817) though using external
antennas that were vertically polarized. Besides the FT-817, I had an Icom
IC-W32A for 144 and 432 and a Wouxun UV-2D 144/222 for 222. Additional QSOs
were completed "away" from the corner, using sideband & FM and I even made a
'token' CW contact.

It was a bit tedious to try and manage the combinations around the grid corner
but I filled "dance cards" with two stations and filled 15 of the 16 with
another and filled 14 of 16 with yet another station who was at the corner.

Still, I had FUN and that is my #1 Goal!

Thanks to ALL who were on and to the ARRL for their continued sponsorship of
this opportunity for frozen (at least in the northern climes) radiosport fun in
January.

73, JK