[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1VE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1VE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:13:47 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  82     21  Total Score = 1,722

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I've never had my new QTH on VHF; It was a last-minute decision to throw up a 9L
yagi on 2m, on a mast on my porch.  I had a vertical for 6m, but it did not play
at all.

I was very pleased with the results.  The QTH is at about 1600ft ASL, and is
tucked right at the upper right corner of FN32.

My best DX on 2m was VA -- though heard NC but could not get their attention.
I bet I had about 75w at the antenna.   The QTH is very radio quiet, so could
hear many stations I could not work.   The antenna did not clear my house, so I
was blocked mostly to the North, though did manage to work N1JEZ in FN44.

I was disappointed that NAQP Phone was at the same time -- always like to play
in that.  We were having company for the AFC Champ game (Go Pats!), so radio
took a back burner.

73, Gerry W1VE