[3830] CQ160 CW VE4VT(VE4EAR) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE4VT(VE4EAR) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:58:28 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4VT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 200  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 5  Total Score = 49,827

Club:

Comments:

Worst conditions for me in the last 5 years. A real struggle both nights here.
Conditions improved late Saturday night but not enough to keep me interested.

Found it was near impossible to work east or west while FL, GA TX stations were
booming. This changed after 0500z Sunday when east coast stations rose out of
the noise.

Heard and worked CE1/k7CA (at least I hope he logged me)Friday night but
carribean statiosn were barely readable. PJ2T gave me a VE4? but that was it
Friday. I hope we worked Saturday night. Not a peep from Asia or Europe. Herb
KV4FZ was loud as always but I couldn't break the pileup until late Saturday.

Really rapid fading both nights, signals were over S9 then gone 2 seconds
later.

Was hoping to complete WAS 160CW via LOTW as I was just missing WV. Worked a
couple of them but not LOTW enrolled yet...Why isn't everyone????

For those wondering where VE4/5/6 were? I suspect we were victims of AU and
jsut had very poor propagation to the east coast. Of course it doesn't help
when the big guns point their RX antennas towards EU.

Just 100W and a loaded sloper. Hope things are better for the SSB event.