[3830] CQ160 CW K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:59:10 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 1001  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 29  Total Score = 210,035

Club: East Lansing DX Cllub

Comments:

My intention was to operate for about 3 hours on Friday night.   As usual, the
party was so much fun that I put in 6 hours.   Wasn't going to do anyting on
Saturday, but wound up putting in the same amount of time.    Virtually all of
my time was spent in running, with perhaps 45 minues of looking for DX stations
so that my summary wouldn't look too bad.   Never heard ID, SK, AK, or VO1, but
that may have been because of the times I was on.

My biggest thrill was a QSO with 98 year old W8AT, who I have known just about
all of my life, but had never worked on the air.    John was an old 75 meter AM
PHONE pal of my Dad in the 1950s, when we lived in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Who would have guessed it would take 55 years for us to have a QSO.

Always a pleasure to work so many fine operators.   It doesn't matter if the
conditions were shabby compared to the last few years.    This is still a lot
of fun.        My left wrist was sore from switching beverages so much.   None
of mine are terminated, but they surely make operating a lot more fun.

See you all next time.

73

Don K8MFO

Elecraft K-3     Ameritron AL-82 amplifier    Inverted vee with center at 100
feet.   I let the inverted L rest for the weekend.