[3830] MnQP K2KW(@K4ZLE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenny.k2kw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP K2KW(@K4ZLE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 20:52:34 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: K4ZLE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:      24        4
   40:     127       42
   20:      78       46
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     229       92  Mults = 82  Total Score = 52,480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

First time in the MnQP.  All the mobiles really make this contest fun.  I caught
a few 80m QSOs at the start of the contest, but the band was dead until the last
50 minutes, and overall a bust for QSOs.  20 was dead for the first 2 hours but
it then popped open with loud MN signals and I worked way more stations on 20
than I thought I would.  40m was often tough as there were many times I had
wait until the pileups were gone and I was the only caller to work a station,
or I was simply not heard.  It was tough to have a perfectly workable N0EO CQ
in my face, and I missed 2 counties as a result (KIT/MRS).  I suspect I needed
a lower antenna for 40.

Mobiles/Rovers worked:
N0PI    28
N0IJ    26
K0PC    24
W0ZQ    22
KT0R    13
W0AA    13
N0EO    10
KE0G    7
N0UR    7
N0HJZ   5
NV0P    2

Antennas: 20m TH7 & C4 @70', 40m 2 ele Moxon @ 70', 80m sloper

Thanks to Jay & Gwyen for letting me use their station.

73, Kenny K2KW