[3830] ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:47:16 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:46

  160:   17    14
   80:   56    37
   40:  164    62
   20:  162    62
   15:  257    74
   10:  121    38
-------------------
Total:  777   287  Total Score = 668,997

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

500 watts with dipoles and loops + Inverted L (on 160)

Seem to do pretty good with simple antennas. Guess I'm in a decent location. I
should do really good if I ever put up some "real" antennas. Everything else in
life just seems to be getting in the way of doing that (plus operating more
hours). Still had fun...

 There still seems to be a big problem with stations not sending their call for
a long time. That makes the pileups more unruly.  I guess they figure everyone
is using a spotting network? Maybe the rules should be changed to send the call
with the exchange ?

Jeff KU8E