[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE7IO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7io@separs.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE7IO M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:48:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7IO
Operator(s): VE7GM VA7XB VE7IIE VE7TI VE7OFH VE7ACN VE7FO VE7CZV VE7IO
Station: VE7IO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     3
   40:   43    20
   20:  295    87
   15:  170    49
   10:  119    34
-------------------
Total:  636   193  Total Score = 354,927

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was our 8th contest operator training session at VE7IO with a total of 6
radio amateurs plus three station managers participating.  This was the first
SSB contest we ran using high power as well as incorporating the use of wav
files into N1MM so many new procedures were experienced. Creating wav files
went very well once the system of recording was ironed out. The operators
adjusted very quickly to using wav files while logging Q's.

We have added propagation prediction software running on one computer with two
monitors to show the new contest operators how these tools can be used to help
determine where and when we should be pointing the beams.

Minor problems were experienced like one keyboard locking up requiring the
computer to be rebooted this happend several times and the cause was not found
yet.

With two operators in for their first time it was fun to watch them ejoying the
contest operation.

73
Fred VE7IO