[3830] BARTG K7IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG K7IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:26:15 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 13:48

   80:   12      11          2
   40:  141      17          9
   20:  213      18         16
   15:   17      10          8
   10:    1       1          1
-----------------------------------
Total:  384      57         36  Continents = 6  Total Score = 214,272

Club:

Comments:

I split available op time between BARTG and Russian DX CW.  Both events offered
the same propagation--terrible, especially on Friday evening and most of
Saturday.  But everyone was in the same boat.

Some really "interesting" contest exchange procedures by more than some ops.
Where are the Elmers?

One chap, P48ADI, handed out the same serial number to each of the half dozen
or more chaps including myself.  His callsign is not in qrz.com and not in my
log either.  Good op, otherwise.

Despite propagation limitations, there were some surprises:  several north AF,
a ZS, and a VK--all as loud as locals.  It pays to keep shopping around.

For the past month, I've been Elmering KK4EIR, helping him get the hang of RTTY
(and contesting) and getting his rig, microHAM, N1MM, and MMTTY playing
together--all via email and no phone calls!  He called when I was running and
sounded like an old timer--my most memorable QSO.  Good going, Ken!!  CW
contesting next??

Many thanks to all for the entertainment during New Mexico's windy and stormy
weekend!

73, dan k7ia