[3830] Rus DX OH0X M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OH0X M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:43:41 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH2UA OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Brändö
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   268     93      50        53
   80:   459    245      73        65
   40:   454    391      87        67
   20:   514    388      87        68
   15:   124     28      83        49
   10:    20      1      17         3
Total:  1839   1146     397       305  Total Score = 12,433,122

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

2 boys, 2 radios!

Propagation was really terrible up here in the Aurora Belt, but fortunately our
proximity to Russia made up for it to some extent. Especially 15m and 10m made
Toni and I feel like we were in the middle of the sunspot minimum.

In any case, this was a fun operation. The station worked well and the activity
level was good, and thus we only had a few hours of under 100Q/h rates. We also
managed to get through the night without too serious fatigue by frequently
changing the RUN-station responsibility.

Our pts/Q ratio of 5.93 despite trying to beam towards Russia as much as
possible was well below our target. Not sure about the reason for that yet.
Learning some more Russian should also be one of the next steps in being more
competitive!

Thanks to everybody for the QSOs,

73
Kim OH6KZP