[3830] WPX SSB AB1OD SO(A)AB(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mda@ab1od.org
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AB1OD SO(A)AB(R) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:32:07 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AB1OD
Operator(s): AB1OD
Station: AB1OD

Class: SO(A)AB(R) LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    4
   80:   50
   40:   77
   20:  191
   15:  158
   10:   50
------------

Club:

Comments:

Definitely less grueling than the ARRL DX SSB contest.  I'm almost tempted to
not gripe about preferring CW and RTTY tests.

Propagation seems to be somewhat improved from the past few contests I've been
in.  I actually heard a couple of workable Chinese stations, something that I
haven't encountered from this QTH before.  (Granted, I've only been on HF for
not-quite a year, and I don't really have the antennas to chase that part of
the world...)  Grey-line Sunday morning was particularly nice even in spite of
the static crashes.   At some point, I'm going to have to tally up how many
band-entities I picked up this weekend.

Hope conditions are at least this good, preferably better, for WPX CW.

Station: Icom IC7000, barefoot, Carolina Windom @ 20m for 10-80, Inverted-L for
160.

Thanks for the Q's.