[3830] WPX SSB N2FF M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N2FF M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:35:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF ES KD2BSM
Station: N2FF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: East Williston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   45
   20:  224
   15:  243
   10:   69
------------

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Although conditions were not good the first day it was the best part of the
contest. My 13 year old granddaughter Georgia was making her first contacts
since getting her license less than a month ago.  After she watched me make a
few contacts she was off and pouncing. We had about four hours in which she
could contest before I had to get her home but she did make nearly 200 QSOs.
We were unable to get a run going due to poor conditions and noise. She did a
great job and had great fun finding stations on the band map and then posting
ones she found on her own with me sitting next to her tuning the amp and making
sure we stayed in the bands.  In all she made almost a third of the contacts and
I believe has the motivation to pass the General exam next month.  She has all
the makings of a real competitive operator.  She caught on very quickly and had
no problems with the DX accents.

The bands were were much better Sunday and I was able to run a few times.  I
would like to have seen Georgia enjoy that experince but there will be a next
time. We have a great GOTA operator now ready for Field Day.