[3830] WPX CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nq4i@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 05:37:54 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s):
NQ4I,N4DU,W4SVO,VE7ZO,N4UU,W4IX,W1NN,K4TD,K4BAI,WW4B,JL1CNY,JA0BSL,7J1AAI
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 48.0

------------
  160:   75
   80:  433
   40: 1261
   20: 2358
   15: 2250
   10:  718
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Boy what a contest this one was! 15m on Friday night never closed. 20m was
around the clock all day and all night. Low band activity was down since
everyone was on the higher bands. We passed the USA record score and mult score
on Sunday morning at 1200Z...Leaving us with 12 hours to pile on to the record
score. Of course some stations records fell this weekend..record 15m
qso's...and new record of mults.

I wish more stations would use the score posting devices...my hats off to KC1XX
(KM3T) for posting their score on both sites. It is so easy to post scores...I
can't seem to understand why a team would not want to participate?

We spent some time listening to our competition to keep posted of their
totals...it is a great motivator to know where your competition is and what
they are doing. It would have been more fun had they participated in on line
scores.

The weather was very co-operative this weekend for us..in years past we have
had to shut down for thunderstorms...no storms and plenty of hot sunny
weather.

Operators came from all over the world to be a part of the team...thanks to all
who gave up their weekends with family to be part of the NQ4I team!

We had four operators cancel the last week just before the test and added W4SVO
and N4DU just 2 days before the test..Thank you Mark and Jim.

We had a surprise visitor this weekend, W6OAT Rusty stopped by...he had been in
Georgia for his 50th high school reunion. It was nice to finally have him come
by and visit the station.

The JA participation did not seem to be an issue this past weekend. It is the
greatest number of JA's on all bands in a long while.

For the second contest in a row, we had an all ORION configured station...11
Orions did a wonderful job at all positions. Win-Test was flawless and
performed exceptionally well...Thanks to the WT developers. And a huge thanks
to the Ten-Tec boys in Tennessee for such a great contest radio.

Time to spend the rest of the day recuperating and enjoying the rest of the
Memorial Day weekend with family...a little pool time and maybe some food
cooked on the grill.

73 and thanks for the qso's

de Rick NQ4I