[3830] IARU EI/W5GN M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5gn@mxg.com
Subject: [3830] IARU EI/W5GN M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:54:23 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: EI/W5GN
Operator(s): W5GN
Station: EI/W5GN

Class: M/S LP
QTH: IRELAND
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    5             0        5
   80:   49            11       18
   40:  170            16       29
   20:  378            23       42
   15:  176            19       22
   10:   34             8       18
-------------------------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Technically, SOAB(ASSISTED), CW, LP
but under IARU rules, Multi-Single.

All Search and Pounce except for one run on
14006 for the last hour and ten minutes that
netted 79 QSOs and one HQ Mult.

IC756PROIII, SO1R.

ZeroFive 43 Foot Vertical on 40, 20, and 10

ZeroFive 33 Foot Vertical as Inverted L cut for 80,
                          used on 160, 80, and 15.

Both are on the edge of the 60 foot bluff on the Atlantic.

Operated 19 hours, a new record for me for a 24 hour
contest in recent years, no drugs involved.

I stayed up until 0400 (5am local) when those 5 point
USA Qs were waning and so was I, got up at 0800 to find
one HQ Mult on 160, and then nada until 0850 when the
Asiatic Russians opened on 20.

Thanks to N1MM's Call History, all spots for those
pseudo-WRTC stations were flagged as a new multiplier,
making it easy to work all that were spotted, and
their signals were uniformly good.
Unfortunately, I could not respond to the three
requests for me to move, under the IARU 10 Minute Rule.

Conditions were very good overall, many, many times,
I was the only caller and I continue to be surprisingly
well heard.  But it was obvious that many of the HQ
Station Ops were not serious contesters.  I would send
my EI/W5GN callsign at 30 wpm, and if there was not
response, I'd resend at 28, wait a few seconds, resend
at 26, sometimes repeating the call twice, then at 24,
pausing for them to finally recognize the call sign.
In a few cases I actually took the speed down to 18wpm
before they finally figured out my callsign.
Only one HQ station gave up and left the frequency!