[3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:53:59 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:    0           0
   40:   75          24
   20:  331          37
   15:  526          42
   10:    4           4
-------------------------
Total:  936   934   107  Total Score = 444,584

Club:

Comments:

My favorite contest in summer.

Here the contest starts and ends in local morning 9am.

Saturday morning at 7am, 2hrs before contest, GM4YXI is booming here on 20m SSB
so I expected a lot!

Instead of starting contest immediately at 0z, I took preplanned rest until
5z(2pm local) when I actually joined in.

Thanks to geomagnetic tranquility, I enjoyed 15m summer openings until local
midnights. 10m was weakly heard but mostly unworkable from my station. Worked
only 4Qs (OM, LY, YO, 4O).

After local 1am I switched to 20m which is also not bad.

40m opening in summer is very short but managed to work 24 mults. I have no
working 80m antenna here.

Generally the first day was better than the second (or third).

Initially I expected continuing 20m and/or 15m openings through the night into
local mornings until the end of the contest. But that was not happening.

Thanks all for the QSOs. CU in the SSB leg.

73 rin JG1VGX

Ant: 7/14/21 - Tribander(3/5/5), Create Design(JP) 714XX
     28 - 7el monoband
Logging: TR4W v4.246, SO2R only rarely used