[3830] WAE CW T6MO(K9GY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW T6MO(K9GY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:59:29 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: T6MO
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: T6MO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MM21
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   80:
   40:  234    70    36
   20:  175   180    31
   15:  282   380    36
   10:  124   120    31
-------------------------
Total:  815   750   134  Total Score = 475,760

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

With better conditions on day one I thought beating last year's score would be
easy but then conditions not as good on day two. Ended up beating the 382k from
last year but worked hard to beat it, hah! Couldn't beat the 15m QSO + mult
total from last year though. Tied the mult total on 20m. Was operating last
year from Kabul with high QRN.

No 10m opening on day two? Or I missed it?!

Wonder if the 80m end fed dipole would have been worth the effort for this
contest? Hope to have it erected in time for WW CW.

"QRL" works good when asked for QTC during a run.

WriteLog froze up once... when sending QTC to DK5DQ (who was very patient). Was
able to recreate last QTC and his QTC without too much trouble. Have to hit the
save button a lot after QTCs are sent!

At this location (east of EU) it seems like the 7a-9a and 7p-9p time slots not
so good since you end up waiting for EU sunrise or sunset so that band usage
links up between the two locations etc.

Interesting QSX reports:
VE3KZ and K1LZ 15m 1841z day one (11:11pm local)
NR4M 15m 2014z day one (12:44am local)
PY2ZXU 20m 1936z day two
K1LZ and VY2ZM 20m 1954z day two
W9RE 20m 0117z day one