[3830] CQWW SSB EI7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@airwave.ie
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EI7M M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 04:20:40 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI2II, EI3JE, EI3JZ, EI3KD, EI4HQ, EI8IR, G4CLA
Station: EI7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cork, Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  150    12       60
   80:  463    18       83
   40: 1619    33      121
   20: 1695    38      138
   15: 2117    35      141
   10: 3217    39      153
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Although we had spent a lot of time working on our station since last year. Last
year had been very kind to us with 10m being a star performer, we really did not
know what to expect of CQWW 2012.

Our summer project (new tower with 3 x OB11's) was in the air, but we had a
really big push over the past two weeks to get everything working. At T-14
days, we had no RF equipment in the shack as we had decided to gut the shack to
insulate and paint it :-)

Thankfully, everything worked when we put the station back together .. a big
relief !

The contest started with good rates on 40m but quickly went downhill. We had
huge s9 noise problems on the low bands (160m especially) so at dawn we were a
long way behind 2011. Matters improved greatly as we moved onto HF which was
very good for us on saturday.

We were delighted to finish with a score slightly down on last year. Our poor
start did not help, but conditions here were not as good as last year which was
an exceptional year.
Mult total is down (it is harder to get mults here than it is further east!)
but qso total is up which would seem to suggest our hard work all year did
help.

Thanks to the crew who made the effort to travel (Pete G4CLA, Enda EI2II & Dan
EI3JZ) and special kudos to Mark EI3KD & Neil EI3JE for 12 months of station
building !)

Congrats to all in the M/S category for making it such fun

73's

John