[3830] CQWW CW ES1WST(WS4T) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ES1WST(WS4T) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:28:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ES1WST
Operator(s): WS4T
Station: ES1WST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tallinn
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   87     5       36
   80:  242    12       52
   40:  246    17       71
   20:  273    16       57
   15:  170    22       65
   10:   90    14       50
------------------------------
Total: 1108    86      331  Total Score = 743,928

Club:

Comments:

Radio: FT-897
Antennas:
- Hexbeam @ 10m height
- Homemade trap vertical for low bands
QTH: KO29ik (100m from Baltic Sea)

My first SOAB LP after 3 years of single-band QRP. What a hard job! I was
aspiring of course to reach Estonia's SOAB LP record (ES2DJ in 2002 -->
1,196,598 * 1420 * 114 * 415) but that was only a distant dream. I was also
thinking I could possibly break one million points, but that was another dream
as well.

I think to do much better I will need steel and aluminum, but this contest is
still a blast anyway.

Condx weren't so great here. Openings to NA were fairly limited for me and only
managed two JAs.

Highlight: On Sunday I was hanging out on 40m around dawn and was hardly
hearing any US stations. Then, right around sunrise (about 0645 UTC), a fog
seemed to lift and suddenly there was one hour of strong opening to NA. I even
managed zone 3 and then zone 31. Both were first time for me from here!

Thanks for all the QSOs and especially those on all six bands:
Z38N * DR1A * 4U1GSC

73,
Gary, ES1WST (WS4T)