[3830] CQWW CW N8UM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8UM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:18:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   39    13       22
   80:  224    22       71
   40:  306    28       85
   20:  366    31       95
   15:  561    32      103
   10:  203    20       69
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Like last year conditions improved all weekend with outstanding conditions on 40
through 10 meters at the end of the contest.  JA participation (or maybe my path
to JA) has returned to previous excellent highs.

The Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) has made an impact on my operation almost as
much as the changes resulting from Ken Wolfeâ??s, K1EA, CT logging software did
in the 1980â??s.

UPS returned my K-3 from Elecraft the Friday of the test so I was a little
apprehensive about reconfiguring the station and computer but all is well.  No
new or unplanned equipment, antenna or computer issues were noted.  The K-3
continues to exhibit a 3 to 6 db intermittent loss in signal on 10 meters once
it is warm.  The problem is limited to receive on 10 meters only.

Have you ever counted the number of PL-259s in your antenna systems?  I
estimate I have about 70.  I checked most of mine before the test and found 2
that were loose.  One of the bad connections could have been catastrophic at
1500 wattsâ?¦

Station

K-3, Alpha 9500, Win-Test
80 meter free standing 67 ft vertical, base loaded for 160
Ground mounted four squares for 40 through 10 meters, Comtek and DXE switching
50,000 ft of radials covering the one acre antenna field