[3830] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 08:50:55 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:00

Total:  QSOs = 356  Sections = 65  Countries = 7  Total Score = 52,560

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

TS850S - 100 watts - Inverted L with for elevated radials

Didn't plan on doing much of the contest but managed to get in about 9 hours.
My station self destructed in Phone SS - lost both radio and amp , before our
PJ4A CQWW trip, so had to use the backup radio - a Kenwood TS850S running low
power. I was also burned out on radio after a week in Bonaire and the hassle to
fly there and back. You would think there would be an easier way to get there
from the busiest airport in the world - ATL - but there isn't.

Conditions were mediocre here in GA. Sometimes I thought maybe my antenna was
broken with all the stations that CQ'ed in my face. I'm sure most of that was
due to running just 100 watts this time. We seemed to have a radio blackout to
the VE maritimes (plus all the W1's were weak). Never heard VY2ZM once and he
had 1500 QSO's. That's hard to believe!  Heard a few EU but none could hear me.
I was surprised when G3SYM answered my CQ on Sunday morning around EU sunrise.
It was also a pleasant surprise when KH6LC called in as well.

DX worked - ZF2AH , PJ2T, C6AUM, KV4FZ, CE1/K7CA, FM5CD and G3SYM.

See everyone again in the 10 meter contest....

Jeff KU8E