[3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 05:42:34 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7.9

Total:  QSOs = 366  Total Score = 1,152

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time with an amp (500W). Marconi "T" up 75 ft for transmit. single K9AY
loop for receive (NE and SW). Went until about 1:30AM local when rates dipped,
hoped to get up the next morning for KL7 or KH6, but got up much too late.

Pretty fun! About twice as many QSO's as last year. Best DX: YT8A, CE1/K7CA
(who were both clear as day) and RL3A (a little harder to copy). Had several
calls from EU while running, but not as much as I had hoped for during eastern
EU dawn. Worked a lot of west coast, only a few west coast stations I could
hear but couldn't work.