[3830] TBDC W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 05:46:34 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN41
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 541  Total Score = 3,030

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Now, that was fun!  Best DX was ZS6EZ (26 pts), followed by V55V (23 pts).
Worked 121 Europeans, 1 SA, 3 Afr, 2 KH6, and 414 NA.  Europeans signals were
as loud as I can ever remember hearing them.  OM5ZW was S9+20 for hours, EI7M
just as loud. KH6LC and KH6ZM were pretty much ESP, but both were solid.  It
was a good thing that signals were loud, as I had a constant S6 noise level,
rising to S9+20 several times when snow static seemed to set in.  During the
contest, we had 10" of snow fall outside, so it was nice to be able to operate
from the warm house!

Thanks to all for the Qs, and thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his KB
station.

Dennis W1UE