[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 07:27:03 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  124
   40:   79
   20:   64
---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Central

Comments:

I got off to a great start, but when twenty dried up (both activity and
propagation) things turned ugly. 40 sucked, nothing within 800 miles or so,
plus an all day lake effect snow lead to more power line noise than normal. At
0150z I got up and took a 10 minute break to decide if I wished to continue
beating my head against the proverbial wall.

I decided to bear the pain, and not long after that 80 became a usable
alternative. FB conditions there, with probably the biggest single band QSO
total in many years. Lots of good mults. I got a #1 out of Zach, WB1MG, who was
in the VT QSO Party, but missed BC where I guess I should have done the same
with somebody in their QSO Party. Still it was well into the third hour until I
worked places like IL, VA, ON, and NH.

See you in two weeks with my KX3 from a nice place with palm trees.

73  -   Jim  K8MR