[3830] ARRLDX CW N8HM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8hm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N8HM SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:01:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N8HM
Operator(s): N8HM
Station: N8HM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  100    55
   15:   60    41
   10:   64    38
-------------------
Total:  224   134  Total Score = 90,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The SFI was only 100 when the contest started, but it seemed much higher. I
wasn't expecting to work many Europeans on 10m, but conditions were quite good.
With high noise levels from my apartment building, I usually can't hear ZL or
KH6 on 10m, but I was able to hear and work both on 10m this weekend. KH6LC was
booming in like he was right next door for about 10 minutes around 1845Z on
Sunday.

DC stations were in short supply this weekend. I'm not sure if any others were
on (I might have heard one working 10m only). That inevitably resulted in many
stations trying to move me to other bands. I apologize for any delays, but I
have to retune my magnetic loop for each band change. I also apologize to those
who asked for 40m or 80m. My MFJ-1786 only covers 30M-10M. Hopefully we'll have
a few more (and better equipped) stations on in two weeks for the phone
contest.

Very enjoyable contest. WAC on both 20m and 10m, but missed Asia on 15m. Only
one new DXCC worked for me (UA2), but I picked up several band/mode fills.
Thanks for the QSOs!

Rig - Yaesu FT-450D
Antenna - MFJ-1786 Magnetic Loop