[3830] CQ160 SSB W4SVO Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4SVO Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:44:08 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 475  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 37  Total Score = 129,369

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I was very motivated early in the week for this one, as I thought I was going to
phase a shuntfed tower with a short 48' top loaded vertical, but when I tried to
phase the two, it just did not work. Actually the match was good , but the
phasing was not correct, so went back to the shunt fed tower. Friday night was
good into Europe, but US signals were terrible, plus activity was slow. Never
could get any runs going, so went to bed early very disappointed. Saturday had
strong storms to the north and a fast moving storm by us. Condx were not good
at all for me here and so I packed it in early. One note though the new 2 el.
Hi-Z vertical array heard Europe great on Friday. The pixel Loop was not too
good. On Saturday it was just the opposite. The loop was much better, while the
verticals were noisy. One thing I notice is that the Hi Z 2el. is somewhat noisy
here. The signal to noise ratio is not as good as I thought it would be. Maybe
in a state that has less atmospheric noise than Florida it plays much better.
Mark W4SVO