[3830] WPX SSB YU1ARC(YT1HA) SO(A)SB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yt1ha@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YU1ARC(YT1HA) SO(A)SB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 08:46:16 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: YU1ARC
Operator(s): YT1HA
Station: YU5R

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: Bobovo
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2264
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Serbia

Comments:

>From where to begin...
I came on location 2 days earlier to check the equipmnet with our friend Goran
YT2FSG.We solve some minor problems and setup a new M2 setup in shack.Stations
are functional and all what we need is in front of us.Rotators,SACx...so now is
very nice feeling to operate.Problems or mr.Murphy visited us just few hours
before contest.During local contest around 17:00 GMT we had problem with 80m
cable and that took so much time and energy.Our friends arrived Zoki YU9DX and
Alex YU6DX around 20:00 GMT in friday.They saw a lot of cables in shack and
asked what is happening,I just said almoust done.Our host Lui YT3PL was asking
are we ready answer was the same.After changing the cable we tryed all antennas
and all SWR were good except 7MHz that we found out @22:00 GMT.Sad faces in
shack...what are we going to do...outside is a strong wind.We called Rade
YU1SMR to help us.He came for 45 minutes (he drove 50 km just to help us! Tks
!)in shack  took some ropes and he went on a 40m tower on a strong wind.After
some time he returned and said lets cut a piece of coax and try again.Coax was
damaged!After a while,he said try now but we had no luck...nothing from M2
category:( We watched each others some time in a silence and sad faces and Zoki
said ok live goes on we will work 3 single bands. YU5R 10 meters by YU9DX ,
YU6DX 160m , and me as YU1ARC on 20 meters.
Contest started I made some 15 qso and went to sleep.Woke up and started , at
begginig I see that YT0Z who is workin a same category is giving 185 qso number
and I just 17, YT4W abt 140 and YT1A 140 also.Outside was strange WX so i
started with a nice run and step by step arround lets say afternoon I see that
I am 30 qso behind Milan YT0Z and then things started to be interesting:)
In the meantime Zoki is working on 10m as YU5R not to mention propagations...
hour by hour I got food on a table,coffie but not leaving the chair.In the
afternoon not so many USA not usual strong signals.First day I am finishing
with 1460 qso in my log.Second day started good,but no rates at all,heavy
strugle...wind was so strong that I could not rotate antenna some time.Endless
CQs rates was very low.In one moment I  decided that i must go up on tower and
try to manualy push tha antena just to give impulse to rotator and then like
someone above saw me and wind stopped for a moment and i managed to turn
antenna to W. 18,19,20 GMT were at least I can said decent runs but that is not
it.Contest ended and I was listenig a bit ALex YU6DX on 160 m and finaly went to
bed.Heard some time voices in my head and ALPHA RADIO CHARLEY,ALPHA RADIO
CHARLEY,ALPHA RADIO CHARLEY...
I want to express my gratitude to my friends Zoki YU9DX , Alex YU6DX , Lui
YT3PL who gave a great support in cheering and food/drink/sweets support during
contest.Flawless technical support by Goran YT2FSG.
Thanks to every single ham who logged me!Thanks for QSOs!
Congrats to Milan YT0Z on a great score and also need to mention SUPERB score
by SJ2W!!!Congrats Mikael,just amazing!I forgot also II1A!
See you guys in better condx for WPX CW and expect YU5R crew on air as M2!
73 Zik YT1HA

QSL via Buro

Working condx:
YAESU FT 950
Linear TROL 3x GI7B tubes (made by YU1IG) 1500 Watts max
4 element monoband
Pictures are on Facebook - YU5R

P.S
Two weeks before contest our friends got idea that all YU amateurs should post
their scores for one club ,all Serbs united in one CC.After so many years
posting the scores to YU CONTEST CLUB from now onwards our scores goes to
Contest Club Serbia.