[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:06:21 -0700
                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Apr 12

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   3      1
   40:  10      6
   20:  12      7
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  25     14  Total Score = 350

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My second try with 2Tone decoders this week.

Lots of setup needed to get ready. The NCCCSprint module doesn't
really support RTTY, so I started a new log in the North American Sprint
and did all the setup and messages. It won't handle Dupes well, and I'll
have to manually calculate score.

I had had a hard time getting 2Tone to stay running, even though it
worked last week. If I tried to change any settings it would freeze up.
I finally reinstalled and reset the path and it started working without
freezes.

I watched carefully for the problems I had last week:
- failed to decode some loud easy short calls, esp. W1UJ
- AFC fighting me when fine tuning, and
- squelch spits out saved garbage characters.

I still saw all the same problems.

Activity seemed low. And I have a hard time getting into working dupes,
so I don't rack up the big numbers. Really boring, and not good practice.

Going to Visalia next week, see you again after that...

K6UFO MORK CA

W6YX Stanford University:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el yagi at 60 ft
80m: inverted vee at 50 ft
Yaesu FT-1000MP and MkV both turned down to 5 watts.
Microham micro2r
Writelog and 2Tone