[3830] ARRL FD KS0MO 2A QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vxu@kc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KS0MO 2A QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:02:40 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: KS0MO
Operator(s): AC0C K0AP K0OU K0VBU K0VXU K3PA KC0DEB KJ0D W7FB
Station: KS0MO

Class: 2A QRP
QTH: KANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0     0      0
   80:   116     0      0
   40:   557     0      0
   20:   535     0      0
   15:   193     0      0
   10:    29     0      0
    6:    14    55      0
    2:     5     5      0
  222:
  432:     1     8      0
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

In planning for Field Day there was great discussion amongst us about entering
as 2A or 2A-Battery.  However, the QRP group prevailed and we launched off in
that direction.  None of us had ever operated 2A-Battery in Field Day but K0OU
and W7FB have several 1st place plaques and certificates in other contests from
their QRP operations.  To say that this contest was a test of the rest of the
club members QRP abilities is an understatment.

Mike, KD0FW, was unable to operate due to family commitments over the weekend,
however, he played a key role in our Field Day operation by providing the
batteries.  So ample was the battery capacity that we never took them below 12
Volts and never had to worry about running out of 'juice' toward the end of
Field Day.

Band conditions on 40 and 20 were excellent however a big disappointment was 15
meters.  The same could be said for 10 meters except, at this point in the solar
cycle, it is more or less expected.  The bands seemed to be open but there was
little activity.  The 80 meters Qs could have been higher but there were
thunderstorms nearby that made copying weak signals (ours included) difficult.

Luck prevailed weather-wise as the entrance of summer brought 90 degrees and
muggy weather.  The only saving grace was a stiff breeze from the south that
blew all day Saturday and Sunday.

HF antennas were 80 meter dipole at 35 feet, 40 meter dipole at 35 feet, and a
Cushcraft A3S at 40 feet.  VHF/UHF antennas were yagis at 30 feet.

Thanks to all who strained to hear our QRP signal and gave us a QSO.