[3830] ARRL FD K5WA 1A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K5WA 1A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:10:48 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5NA K5PI K5TU KG5U W5MJ K5DU KB5GTB K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: 1A LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0     0      0
   80:    97     3      0
   40:   421    53      0
   20:   645   441     10
   15:   333    76      0
   10:   127    15      0
    6:     4   167      0
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1627   755     10  Total Score = 8,058

Club:

Comments:

It sure seemed like activity/participation level was down but the CW competency
seemed to be higher, in general.  As one of our &quot;new technology&quot;
experiments this year, we tried a double walled Army Base-X (MASH type) tent we
found on eBay and tied an air conditioner to it to fight off South Texas 100
degree heat.  It worked!!  We also used two falling derrick bases to raise both
towers.  They worked too and were quite controllable when lowering the towers (a
MAJOR plus over past years).  We still need anti-aging pills for the operators
because the new innovations are counter-balancing the aging process.

It was also a personally satisfying FD to have K5NA at our little FD this year
because Richard and I had not done a FD together in 30+ years since he led the
FD charge for TDXS during those VERY serious FD efforts of the 70s and 80s.

It was also nice to FINALLY have a 6M openings in STX.  KB5GTB has been our 6M
Captain for the last few years and finally saw a little bit of what 6M brings
to the table occasionally.

Overall, another very positive experience overall now that equipment is packed
away for next year.  ;-)

73,
Bob K5WA