[3830] CaQP AE6Y(@K6TA/K6KO) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE6Y(@K6TA/K6KO) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 04:45:17 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: K6TA/K6KO

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: AMAD
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    33    17
   80:   124   114
   40:   218   111
   20:   279   267
   15:   323   207
   10:   149   276
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1126   992  Mults = 58  Total Score = 310,996

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

This is my fourth year at K6KA/K6KO's QTH in Amador County for CQP.  Ken and Kay
did their part as excellent station builders and hosts.  Ken put up with my
tearing apart the radio instatllation and redoing it for the weekend, and Kay
cooked a great meal on Friday night, and kept me supplied with food the whole
weekend.  It's a very nice opportunity to share their delightful ridgetop QTH,
and I am very grateful to them for making it available.
 The contest, however, ended up quite a bit worse, some 25k points to be
precise,than last year.  I'm not sure why.  I had the feeling that I was
following the advice of the elderly marathon runner to "start slow and
taper off", hi.  Somehow, the rates just weren't what they should have
been on Saturday morning and afternoon, and I never really recovered.
  But as always it is a grand party and it's very nice to have multiple QSOs
with old friends each year in CQP.
  This year the rarest mults for me were UT and NT, with only one contact each
(thanks W7CT and VE8GER), and ID and QC with 3 each. After CA, most plentiful
were TX at 112 and ON at 111.
  73 and thanks for all the Qs,
 Andy AE6Y