[3830] SS SSB WO9S Single Op LP

To: Contest distribution <3830@contesting.com>, smc@w9smc.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WO9S Single Op LP
From: "Jonathan L. Rosner" <rosner@hep.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:43:32 -0600 (CST)
                   SSSSB Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2013-11-16

    CallSign Used : WO9S
      Operator(s) : WO9S

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
             Band : ALL
            Power : LOW
             Mode : SSB
 Default Exchange : A 53 IL
       Gridsquare : EN61ET

             Name : Jonathan Rosner
          Address : 5337 S. University Avenue
   City/State/Zip : Chicago  IL  60615
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : IL
        Club/Team : Society of Midwest Contesters
         Software : N1MM Logger V13.10.2

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         3.5      41      82    6
           7     105     210   30
          14      78     156   13
          21      63     126    9
          28      76     152   25
       Total     363     726   83

            Score : 60,258
              Rig : Yaesu FT-847 100 W

         Antennas : Alpha-Delta sloper 160-80-40-30
                    Cushcraft R6000 vertical 20-6
  Soapbox : First sweep from home QTH with modest power and antennas.
  About 15 hours chair time; not easy pickings.  Some comments on sections:

  NT:  VE8EV first QSO on 10M, after failing to break pileups on several W6's
  MB:  All over the place; the only section I missed last year
  NNY: Quite a few active this year
  PR:  Hanging out on 15 (1634 Sunday)
  AR:  One of the holdouts; worked right after QSY to 20 at 1745 Sunday
  ONN: Tail-ended VE3RX to move him up 4 (not his freq.)
  QC:  Ditto for VE2GSO.  Worked him on 10 (surprisingly short skip).
  NL:  Couldn't break VO1KVT's pileup on 10, even when he called by numbers.
       Worked him after a couple of calls later (2118 Sunday) on 15.
  PAC: Found NH6Y where I expected (10) at 2250 Sunday.
  KY:  Worked KM4RO on 75, 20 minutes before the end.  Never could get
       KD4SN (who seemed to be 100% S&P) by tail-ending and requesting QSY.

All told, a satisfying adventure.  Almost all S&P.  Disconnected the
antennas during our storm but that was over in a couple of hours.
Hope there are no busted sections due to my bad ears or fat logging fingers.

  Date : 2013-11-18        Signature : Jonathan L. Rosner  WO9S