[3830] CQWW CW VE3FU SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3FU SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:09:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3FU
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VE3FU

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 39.5

  160:
   80:
   40: 2058    35      115
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2058    35      115  Total Score = 814,200

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

TX Antennas: 402-BA @ 72ft; 4-Square (Thanks to VE3AAQ &amp;amp; VE3KI for their
help!)
RX Antennas: 300ft Beverage NE/SW; 200ft Beverage NW/SW
Rigs: TS-590; TS-850S
Amp: HB-8877

Worked every multiplier I heard, except XP2I and VK6LW.  The pileup for XP2I
was unruly and shortly after I found him, he left.  I suspect the pileup drove
him away.  Just before I found VK6LW I has a problem with the amp.  I called
with 100W but couldn't get through.  By the time I got the amp sorted out he
was gone.  I looked for him (or any other Zone 29) again at their sunrise but
couldn't find him.  I missed zones 22, 26, 28, 29, and 37.

The opening over the pole to JA/BY/JT/UA0 and to the Pacific was much better
the second morning.  I worked more JA's than some EU countries (EA, F, HA, LZ,
PA, S5).  The last JA I worked was at 1435Z, but I was hearing others until
close to 1500Z.

I'm sure ES9C was copyable here for the full 48 hours.  I was still hearing
them around 1500Z both mornings.

Thanks to everyone who called (especially the mults :=) and to everyone who
traveled specifically for this contest.  You make it more fun for all of us!

73,

Chris